More YouTube and Video updates
- Create and schedule Facebook Reels on desktop
- Use video clipping tools to repurpose clips from Facebook published long-form videos and live streams as Reels (vertical friendly, 60 seconds)
- Record voiceovers for Facebook Reels or use automated text-to-speech
- Use Facebook Reels Sound Sync to sync your video clip to a song
- Instagram Reels up to 90 seconds (instead of being limited to 60 seconds)
- Instagram Stories stickers in Reels, including poll and quiz stickers
- Import your own audio directly into Instagram Reels, including importing audio from videos on your phone’s camera roll
- New Instagram Reel Templates
- Suggested Reels in the Facebook feed, with the note “As a general best practice, creators should focus on original content, since original content is prioritized in places where we recommend Reels.”
Privacy Sandbox Topics
is Google’s new method of placing interest-based advertising without tracking the sites a user visits in Chrome. This protects user privacy while (hopefully) displaying relevant ads. AdSense
is going to start testing Topics
on a “small percentage” of traffic in July. You can opt out your websites
if you do not want to participate. As a user, you can opt out in your Chrome settings (chrome://settings/privacySandbox).
Google explained how they generate titles in the Search results
for documents that don’t use the same script in the title and web page body. If the web page title is transliterated into a different script, or the title is in two languages, Google usually tries to select the language and script of the web page for the listing in Search.
According to Bloomberg
, in the face of uncertainty of future management Twitter
is planning to “pull back resources” for creator features like communities, newsletters and audio spaces, with the focus on “user growth and personalization”. I thought those features were part of the user growth plan? I’m not too happy, since I’m using Twitter’s Revue newsletter platform
Pinterest expanded their Creator Fund
to the UK and Brazil. The first group of creators from the UK focus on fashion and beauty, and the first group of creators in Brazil have a focus on food, fashion, beauty and decor.
released their 2021 transparency report
on actions taken on content that violated their Professional Community Policies. Of note: the vast majority of fake accounts, spam and scams are removed proactively, before they are reported by members. Misinformation and harassment/abuse are the other top types of violative content.
And 98% of the reported copyright-infringing content was removed.
Pali, Reddit’s Chief Product Officer, shared an overview of improvements Reddit is working on
. They mention a ton of new features, including community currention, spaces for live events, making it easier to post, support for more languages, continued development of Reddit Talk live audio, expanded live chat, improved video creation tools, new safety features and mod tools and more. There is a lot going on, so if you are a Reddit user, check out the full post.
That’s all the updates for this week. See you next Saturday!
Image: Colored smoke background by Canva Creative Studio. Free for commercial use.